I've been informed I have become a blog slacker. I have to admit, it's because every time I think of something funny or see/hear a hilarious story it's at the expense of the state of Utah. And I have resolved to stop complaining about this place in hopes it will help me actually like it more. We shall see. In my defense I'm really trying although it may not seem like it.
So I have decided to name the top 5 things I like about Utah aside from friends and family. Things that are about the actual state. Positive thinking!
1. Sonic happy hour drinks. We don't have Sonic where I grew up so this was a delightful positive to coming here.
2. How quickly you can plan a wedding here. I will say that this fact used to annoy me. But being on the receiving end of this it's been super nice. Everyone is very understanding and accommodating in the wedding industry.
3. The mountains are so close! Even if they look like poop mounds most of the time. Right now they still have a touch of snow and a tad of green and they are beautiful.
4. Macy's grocery store. I moved here as a freshman very confused as to how you got groceries at Macy's. But once I got over the fact that it wasn't the department store I found they have chocolate covered cinnamon bears. And they sell them for a fraction of the cost of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company.
5. Last but not least, people don't work as much. Preston usually works until about 7:00. And on Fridays he even gets out by 5:00 most of the time. While the majority of people here are horrified by getting off at 7:00, New Yorkers know that this is a total dream. And honestly all I want is to have as much time as I can with him.
Next blog post will be soon and will be a good one!
xoxo
1 comment:
Kam, you are so cute, and I totally appreciate all the funny stories told at the expense of Utah, however maybe that's because I'm not from there, so maybe I'm a snob. :) I love Utah because there are so many family and friends there, however I would have a hard time living there long term. I hope you and Preston don't have to stay there forever!
Way to think positive, I love that about you. And it is so true, when I told my mom my job requires me to work 10 hour days without taking a lunch she thought I should complain because it's a law. I laughed. No Mom, this is New York, and it's average. There are a LOT of people who work longer hours.
That is GREAT Preston gets out so early! (See? I can't help it, it's "early" to a NYEr.) :)
Love you Kam. Miss you like crazy EVERY DAY but so happy for you and can't wait for the wedding!!!!
Post a Comment