Monday, February 6, 2012

Rachel's Visit!

So Rachel and I have been be besties since we were 11. And we have always tried to visit each other since we have nine years of long distance and counting to our relationship. We were lucky enough to be able to spontaneously drive down to San Diego, where she now lives, after Christmas. Preston and I decided the night before we left and had a fantastic time! So when I told her she should fly in so I could do her hair and we could hang out I didn't have high expectations of it actually happening since we had just seen each other. But luckily it worked with her schedule! She got her ticket just a week before coming, and I am SO happy she did. We were able to accomplish a couple firsts...


Her first Peruvian food. Which was DELISH. Utah residents need to check out K-Rico in Salt Lake. It's very authentic and so good we almost cried. They have live music on Saturday nights. This time the musician was from Brazil and he and Preston bonded in Portuguese. It was such a fun night...



And her first blond. Doing her hair was so fun! "Ombre" color is the new hot trend and it's easily done on a beautiful girl with beautiful hair. But I was proud of her for branching out. I feel so lucky to be able to do hair. I know it's regarded to some as a quick career and a lot of girls do it as an alternative to 4-year college. But I'm so obsessed and in love with this career. It's never too late to do something you love.



And her first Thomas family party. The Super Bowl was a day of LOTS of food and lots of noise. I have fantastic in-laws who are so welcoming and regard my friends as their own. I'm still full from it if that's possible. Sadly the Patriots did not win. Both Preston and I grew up Pats fans and it is the only team we both fully agree on. So my parents got us Patriots shirts which we sported with pride even though they didn't get the win. I do like the Giants. But childhood teams always win, the Pats and I go way back.



So thank you to Rachel for being such a good friend. And to JohnDavid for letting us steal her for a couple days. Our men are really very good to our friendship. I'm thankful Preston loves my friends!


Xoxo


No comments: