Ever since right before Christmas when I got to Seattle I've been loving being back home. And while my heart is still in pain from leaving NYC, I have been reminded how in love with Seattle I am. I am so blessed to have the most amazing friends. I love my girls here. I still cannot believe we are all still friends after all these years. I think we hold some kind of record for 8 girls being friends since elementary school.
When we were younger our parents would drive us to restaurants so we could have dinner just us girls, and then they would pick us up afterward. We pretty much always went to Olive Garden or Las Margaritas and so now when we're home we usually go out to one of these fine establishments. I remember feeling so grown up being at dinner with JUST US GIRLS. Looking back I don't know if we should have been allowed as young as we started. But I think our parents knew we were good girls... We missed a couple of us that had to work this time around. But I love this tradition.
New Years Eve we spent with my amazing friends Megan & Jay. We had a blast playing games and eating Megan's yummy food. Megan is one of my bridesmaids and we've had so much fun talking wedding while I've been here.
But I won't lie... on my list of top things I miss in Seattle is food. I love me some good home cookin'. Which at my house means Mexican, Lebanese & Thai food (mainly). And you cannot get better food anywhere but in my parent's kitchen. These heavenly Juevos Rancheros seriously make my WEEK. Kudos to my Dad.
I was so happy that Preston was able to come for New Years weekend. I missed him bunches. Getting engaged and then having to say goodbye, even for a couple weeks, seriously blows. We went on a date with our good friends Shad and Krista in downtown Seattle. I loved walking around downtown together. Krista is one of my bridesmaids too. We've been friends since we were 4 years old.
Basically this trip has been amazing. Spending time with family and friends has been so fun. And we're having a blast planning the wedding :)
xoxo





2 comments:
There is NOTHING better than time spent with good girlfriends over a yummy meal. How fun that your parents would let you go when you were little. That is so awesome!
That juevos racheros looks AMAZING. So jealous.
So happy your friends are taking good care of you. We miss you like CRAZY but just be happy you're missing the cold. It is FREEZING here.
Love you Kam!
So I am not going to lie, I am DROOLING over the Juevos Rancheros! Any chance I can get that recipe?!:)
Post a Comment