I was pretty much obsessed with the decorations. Which were attributed to Rachel, my Mom and my Dad. I had gorgeous pink roses covering the room that Rachel went to like 3 florists to find. Apparently pink is a popular color. She's so sweet. And my Mom blew up pictures of shoes to display around the room, including my wedding shoes. The most surprising was probably these little metallic purses made from wrapping paper and rhinestones that MY DAD MADE from scratch. He had this amazing idea and made a pattern to do them for me. He is such a gem. I'm told he went to the craft store a few times to get everything (after of course hitting up the gym). He's so surprisingly crafty.
And now let's feature my chair. Megan's mom Kristi made me this amazing chair to sit in and open presents. It was such a hit everyone was in love with it. I would like to carry it around with me forever so I never had to sit in another chair again :)
The food was done all homemade by my Mom and Megan. Megan brought her famous southwest cheesecake and hot 3 cheese artichoke dip. And my Mom made strawberry cupcakes, chocolate cake, cookies and Hawaiian Haystacks for our lunch time feast. We also had chocolate truffles and Krista's mom, Paulita, made chocolate covered strawberries which were so divine.
(The favors had yummy mint chocolate truffles that Krista made)
Krista made all the food labels and put together games for us to play. Knowing Preston and I had been together for quite a while she chose some very obscure questions and I ended up with a wad of gum in my mouth from answering 10 out of 30 wrong. That's 10 sticks of gum people! It was so much fun.
But the best part was by far the people. It always makes me incandescently happy to have my Priss Squad girls in the same room. (We missed you Jayme and Taryn!) And to also have so many women who I look up to and love made it just perfect. Everyone was so sweet and we love all the beautiful gifts people were kind enough to get us. They are all going to help make our home complete. Since Preston informed me all he's bringing for the house was a boom box. To which I replied "honey I'm just bringing my shoes"...
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment