Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Preston

My handsome husband had his birthday on August 30th. I would tell you how old he turned but he's hilarious about birthdays and has celebrated his 25th for the last few years...

To kick off his celebration week we went with his family to ride the Alpine Coaster. My beautiful sister in law Brenda and my brother in law Adam also have their birthdays the same week as Preston so it was fun to all get together for one big party. I had never been on the coaster before and I LOVED it. They let Preston and I ride together (insert joke about my height here) which made it more fun because our weight made the car go super fast.



Credit for this outing go to Preston's parents. They are so good at getting the family together. I love how often we get to hang out with family.

The birthday boys

Divine cake from Market Street

The lovely birthday girl
It was such a great night followed by some mini-golf. I didn't win but I didn't loose either (obviously my score was totally accurate. I never kicked it in or took do-overs....never)

On Preston's actual birthday I surprised him on my lunch break with an embarrassing display of balloons and cookies for his office. IT IS HARD to hide things from someone when you live with them. I had to bake and cool the cookies the day before while he was at work so I could stash them in containers in my car. His gifts were put in our guest room and I forbade him to enter. I don't know how I'll ever hide Christmas items. I made his favorite dinner and had gifts and a card for him. I wish I took a picture of it because I made it all look very festive (good job me).

To finish up the week I took him to the annual Brazilian festival in Salt Lake City. This is the only picture I took. He's enjoying one of his favorite Brazilian foods. Which I found delicious. It's a fried ball of shredded chicken goodness. Preston loves Brazil and it was fun for me to have him show me his favorite things he ate there and for us to watch the dancers and performers.


We had a fantastic week together. I love birthdays so it was fun for me to plan it all. Preston is such a gem. Never did I ever think I would get so lucky! Happy birthday to my amazing husband.

xoxo

1 comment:

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

You guys are cute. Happy Birthday to Preston... I'm so glad that he makes you so happy! Looks like a fun birthday week!