But as you probably know, if you know me at all, I LOVE my strong and hilarious women. So I picked up a copy of Ellen's latest book and proceeded to laugh hysterically throughout the entire thing. I looked up a few times to find Preston watching me because my laughter had penetrated through his Beats headphones and disturbed his studying. I just find it so refreshing when people can laugh at themselves, learn a lot, and make other's laugh in the process. What a great way to go through life!
![]() |
| I ended up tagging favorite quotes so I didn't forget where they were! |
I could not put this one down. It's a pretty easy read and a lot more like her comedy than a serious autobiography. I confess it took me 2 reading sessions and maybe 3 hours total to devour it. So here are a couple of my favorite quotes. I wish I could just type up the whole book for you to enjoy, but you will just have to go get it, seriously... go now!
"People seem to enjoy their 20s and 30s. It must be around forty when you're over the hill. I don't even know what that means and why it's a bad thing. When I go hiking and I get over the hill, that means I'm past the hard part and there's a snack in my future."
"I cannot believe they haven't come up with a better screening process than the mammogram. If a man had to put his special parts inside a clamp to test him for anything, I think they would come up with a new plan before the doctor finished saying, "Put that thing there so I can crush it." (AMEN)
"We all spend so much time comparing ourselves to each other. Everyone is running around trying to keep up with the Joneses... It's hard enough to keep up with the Kardashians."
"There are "well-known-secrets" out there and there are people who are "so happy they could die." Sometimes people are so sad they have to laugh and sometimes things feel so wrong, they're right. Basically what I'm saying is, I usually don't know what people are talking about."
Xoxo

1 comment:
I love you. That's all.
Post a Comment