No one warns you, but being a newlywed makes you gain weight. Your honeymoon jump starts laying around and eating badly. And then you come home and are all excited to be a wife AND you love to cook AND you finally have a real kitchen and not a shoe box in Manhattan. So I made meals that were too large every night for a while. And starting hair school didn't help with treats around every day. So I have had a handful of extra pounds on me for a while. Not a ton. But enough for me to want to get back into shape and have my clothing fit normal and not cut off my circulation.
So we are done with our first week. Which means one more week of "Phase 1" We are eating no carbs, low glycemic index, and especially no Dr Pepper. (OK I cheated a couple times on that one but my ounces per week have significantly reduced) This weekend I got SUPER cranky. We have had a couple of BBQ's lately with Summer heating up. And I have been in the corner eating my little hamburger patty MINUS the bun with a tomato and lettuce on top. Eating a burger with a knife and fork is just being a bad American. No fruit, no potato salad and no treats.
I'm not completely convinced I am loosing weight any faster this way than if I was simply doing portion control. But it is a lot easier to be doing the same diet in a household. Only 1 dinner to plan and a spouse to support you. So I'm sticking with it a couple more weeks at least.
My only joy comes in the form of sugar free popsicles, the one treat we are allowed to have. I mean really it IS a joy because you get gems like this....
![]() |
| Where do birds find out what it's like outside? The Feather Channel! I'm confused... don't birds LIVE OUTSIDE?!?! |
So please enjoy those 4th BBQs extra for me! Because I'll be making more dishes like this one below. Which was actually really good. All veggies, turkey and an egg. No bread crumbs or anything unhealthy. But sadly it is still not a cheeseburger...
![]() |
| Turkey meatloaf muffins! |


1 comment:
I love you and I'm so proud. Welcome to half my life ;) everyone always makes fun of me for eating a burger or hotdog w/ no bun, but sometimes I get fancy and make a lettuce wrap ;)
Post a Comment