It all started when I was stalking Emily Maynard's Instagram. Yes I said it. No I'm not ashamed. When I came across this photo of her in what can only be described as the comfy sweater of my dreams...
I have been keeping an eye out for a cute Aztec print sweater and this one totally fit the bill of what I wanted. Much like food I crave items of clothing. Luckily I do not spend every time I have a craving :) Something I am sure my husband is also thankful for. But I was in love. So I took to Pinterest, because it is the source of most things covet-able. Here's where it gets slightly embarrassing...
This sweater and another one similar to it popped up several times. Clicking on each pin I searched for a web site who still carried it. Every where I went I received the same message ... "SOLD OUT" It could not be. Every site had tons of comments on this product asking if it would be replenished in the stock. And not one of them had an answer. So about two hours and more "pin clicks" than I can count (NOT to mention several comments from Preston about how my obsession was getting weird) I had narrowed my search down to 5 sites that had carried it. Each one now has an e-mail from me in their customer service inbox explaining that... hello, I NEED this sweater! A few may also have comments on their Facebook page. I was a woman obsessed. I thought surely one of these outlets would be able to produce the sweater I so desperately wanted. Then today, I got all of the responses from my e-mails. Not one source would be able to carry it again. It was out. Done. A product of past production. I was heartbroken. Ok... I am still heart broken. The bright, girly colors in an Aztec print are no where to be found. Only similar styles in black, white and tan live on.
If this reaches anyone who actually possesses this item in a size "small" and in like new condition, message me! I may be willing to pay annoying amounts to take it from you!
Xoxo

2 comments:
Oh my gosh. I want this sweater to be yours SO BAD!!!!!!
I know your mad internet shopping skills, so I'm sure you have done a thorough job, but I will let you know if I see anything.
Sad!!!!! I totally thought this story was going to have a happy ending! I have a feeling this is not the end though....seriously, you are the best internet shopper I know and I think you will find it...
Post a Comment