Monday, December 20, 2010

He liked it so he put a ring on it...

We're engaged!!! Preston and I are so happy and I wanted to share the story for those who want to know. He did an amazing job.

My friend Krystal called me because she got gift certificates to The Boat House in Central Park and she wanted me to go with her. She knew I had always wanted to go and I was very excited to get a lovely lunch for free. It's a place where a lot of people dress up. It is a classic NY novelty. So when she told me she "kind of wanted to get fancy" I was all for it! Anyone who knows me can tell you I take any excuse to doll up. So we set the date for Friday afternoon. She was late which ended up causing stress on Preston's end (but that's another side of the story). So we met up at the 72nd street subway stop off of the red line and started to walk into the park. Apparently Preston was within 15 feet of us the whole time! I had NO CLUE. I guess I even looked right at him once or twice but I had no idea. When you aren't expecting to see someone you know you don't really pay attention I suppose.

So we're walking a really random way to The Boat House but I didn't say anything because Krystal and I were talking about a boy she met in SF and was texting. And I didn't want to interrupt the boy story. Turns out it was a fake story and she was texting Preston trying to coordinate the spot. We walked over this beautiful white bridge that's on the way and about half way over it she stopped. So when I turned around to see where she was, who was actually behind me getting on one knee? Preston :) I had NO idea he was coming to NY. I really thought I was going to The Boat House. So my first words were something very romantic like "Why are you here?!?!?!"



He said very sweet things and told me he loved me. And of course asked "will you marry me?" to which I replied yes and gave him a big kiss and hug. After a minute I was still waiting for him to take the ring and actually put it on my finger. So I kind of put my hand out and smiled for him to put it on. In his version of this story he falsely tells people that before I even said yes I "shoved" my hand in his face because I wanted my ring. But these are lies.



Krystal was such a sweet heart and snapped these pictures for us. And afterwards Preston took me on a carriage ride around the park and up to 5th avenue. I had never been on one and always wanted to have a ride. We were able to walk 5th and look at all the Christmas window displays, which are amazing this year.



He was very romantic and sweet and we were just so happy. He gave me a rose and let me gush and call/text people. And he was able to spend my last weekend in NY with me, which was so amazing. This is really where we did 90% of our dating. We talked about how we will always talk and refer to "The NY Years" as the best. It's our city. And we had the most amazing time here.



Kudos to my friends who helped him plan and did a scary job of lying to my face that whole week. I can't believe I was so surprised. I thought for sure I was way too quick to ever be caught off guard.

I love Preston so much and we can't wait to get married and start the next part of our lives together.

13 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

Hooray!!!! My goodness you ring is so gorgeous! But did I really expect anything else? I am totally coming by the way and I am so excited!!

J Hayley B said...

So excited! I was so glad when people started talking about it and I could say "I knew it was coming!!" Yay!

Ryan said...

Kam!!!! Ahhhhhh! I had no idea. I am beyond excited for you beautiful girl! You and preston are perfect together. Love you!

Krysta said...

I love this story and I Love Love Love your beautiful ring!!! I'm still so excited for you!!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Oh my gosh, totally got teary eyed reading this!!! I am just so dang excited for you two! I have been gushing over it all weekend to Shad! I love that last pic of you and Preston, seriously, adorable! I can't to see you and that RING in just a few short days!!! Whoo hoo! Love you so much!

Lalis said...

Congrats Kambria!!!! I'm very happy for you and your guy! BEST WISHES! <3

Landon and Jennifer Anderton said...

That ring is PERFECT!!!! I am so happy for you, Kam.

PJ & SANDRA said...

I love your ring. So excited for you Kam. I have to get an invitation to your wedding! Where is it going to be?

REBBIE said...

I sol-ed (screamed out loud) when I saw this. LOVE!!!!! And the best part is that you get to come back to hang out with me in MOD BOD COUNTY!!! haha love you kam.

Anita Gupta said...

Love! This is the BEST story ever! I am beyond excited for the two of you and your happy life together - it's so beautiful! Take care and hope to catch up soon, darlin!

Love, Anita

Cindy said...

Kambria, we, your family in NY are SOOOOOO excited for you both! Be happy eternally, as we knnow you will be. You are so able to plan you life as wonderfully as your wedding so this is only the BEGINNING!
Love ALWAYS! Your Aunt Cindy

Rae said...

I know I told you via text, but I couldn't be happier for you. This post made me tear up. So so so incredibly happy.

Unknown said...

CUTE story girl! so fun to see you in the airport! hope your pics went fabulously...and by that i mean i hope the weather held up for you cause you two always look good!