Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wedding demands

I'm pretty sure that a couple of my vendors think I might be nuts.

Let's start with the catering department at the Hilton. They have been amazing! We are having a traditional Lebanese meal for our dinner and the chef and his staff went to a few Lebanese restaurants in SLC to prepare to do so. They really put in their due diligence.  My Mom was with me at our tasting and it was so much fun! We were very impressed. Now a couple little things were a bit off ingredient wise. And it was very important to us to have the food be very authentic. And for some reason watching my sweet little mother tell an award winning chef that his lettuce to parsley ratio was off in the Al Fattoush salad was hysterical.

Working with our coordinator one of my only "must-haves" was an unlimited mocktail bar. Because let's be honest, I am a huge Dr Pepper drinker. And most of my friends are very loyal Diet Coke gals. And we need to have the array of sodas available for consumption. Apparently this is not a common demand. I'm sure they are worried the bubbles will go straight to our heads and it might get kind of crazy. So to our guests, try and stay in control lol.

The best part was meeting with our DJ. Preston and I have very eclectic taste. And we really wanted it to be a party. So for the DJed section of dancing we had one solid must have... Gaga. That's right. And I am pretty sure the smirk our DJ was not good at hiding meant he thought we were nuts. But Gaga must and will be played. We love her. That and "Empire State of Mind" .... so for our formal wedding get ready to boogie to Gaga and Jay-Z. Because it just wouldn't be Preston and my wedding if it were any other way!!


xoxo

2 comments:

Lalis said...

Too bad I didn't know that you were planning on Lebanese food! But anyway, just for future Lebanese cravings, according to my boyfriend who has dragged me into any Middle-Eastern looking establishment he finds, Cedars of Lebanon in Salt Lake has the most authentic Lebanese food (screw Mazza, they're fancier, over-priced, and apparently nothing tastes authentic). And also, if you ever crave authentic Arab fast food, O'falafel on 3300 S and 800 E is awesome... Not that you use that at a wedding though.

Ashley Smith said...

Love!