Monday, April 25, 2011

Family Engagement Party

So I finally get to blog about our beautiful party thrown by Preston's family. They were so sweet and wanted to do a family party for us to celebrate and so I could get to know the extended family better. Aunt Diane and my amazing sister-in-laws Robin and Brenda (from right to left) threw us the most amazing day.


We had a Spring theme. I think we were willing good weather to come our way. And I just loved how they decorated the front door! And then the entry way had a basket of favors for people to grab on their way out (One of our favorite treats, smore squares), and a print out of one of our engagements with balloons. It was so fun to walk into.




The best parts of any party are the people and the food. We had delicious summer salads and croissant sandwiches. Between that and the flowers everywhere it smelled divine. And everyone had so much fun catching up. I loved meeting everyone I hadn't gotten to already. Grandma Phillis was able to come and it was neat to see her with all of her kids.





My handsome brother came up for it and we just had the best time. Everyone was so sweet and I could not feel a warmer welcome! Of course my sweet tooth also enjoyed all the treats that they set out everywhere. The cupcakes were so cute I could die. With "P"s "K"s and "Almost Married" tags that were decorated with rhine stones and cut-outs.


And it was fun to open up some presents with Preston! It was the perfect day. It sounds cheesy but it was truly filled with laughter, family and food. The best combo you could ask for. I can't thank them enough!


xoxo

2 comments:

Rae said...

You guys are so adorable!!

Ashley Smith said...

Aww it looks so cute and yummy!