| One of my besties/bridesmaids |
When I lived in NYC I was able to go visit them a few times where they live in upstate NY. Which I loved because growing up in Washington state we were not able to visit them as often as we would have liked. And one of my favorite things to do there is pour through old pictures. In case you haven't noticed from my 8 million pictures on Facebook, I have a bit of a picture obsession. It's my form of journaling. My Grandma has always been beautiful. And being a fashion follower I just adore looking at her old dresses, hats and shoes in these pictures. So I was delighted when she gave me this dress and another beaded number from the 1960s I had always admired in the photos.
It was an honor to accept these gifts! I treasure them more than she will ever know. And this dress felt extra special coming from the "old country" (as they call it) and being so full of memories and heritage. It was my "something old" for my wedding. And in my own way wearing it was a tribute to where we came from. It was very important to me to incorporate my heritage into the wedding because it is treasured on both sides of my family.
I didn't get a picture of just me and Preston. But this shot is a picture of my extended family :) My priss squad ladies and our handsome men. It was amazing having my sisters there with me.
| Love them |
I know that the groomsmen are actually Preston's best friends but I just love these guys. Eli and Shane are two of my favorites. So many of our close friends flew and drove in from different states and it would not have been the same without them.
| Handsome Groomsmen |
| The Athey's and The Thomas' |
It was such a fun rehearsal dinner. Preston's parents threw us an amazing evening of yummy food and lots of memorable moments thanks to the many family members and friends who got up to say a few words.
| Our cute Moms |
xoxo
3 comments:
That dress is amazing! I love that you wore your grandmas dress to your rehersal dinner.
You look so beautiful in it!
You are so great to have incorporated such strong influences of your heritage in every aspect of your wedding. I love it!
That made me choke up a little. What a sweet story. I loved all the touches of your heritage involved in the wedding. It was so classy and tasteful.
Love your new header photo!
Post a Comment