I've been on a craft kick lately. That, and I have been wanting to learn new skills. So I have taken up knitting! My mother-in-law Margaret is a fantastic knitter. And I love the cute little baby sweaters and other gifts she makes for children. Every time a close friend has a baby I want to give something special and made with love. But I never knew what to make. So she has been teaching me how to knit. I know it's dorky to post these but I am just so proud. So here is my practice swatch from today...

The Pearl side

The Knit side
I think I'm ready for a pattern. Stay tuned for pictures of actual things :) It's been so fun and it is so relaxing to knit. It turns out it calms my mind which is usually going at 100 miles per hour. If you've ever wanted to learn I suggest you do!
Xoxo
5 comments:
Thoroughly impressed! :)
You have skills. I am no good at knitting. I'm excited to see what you make!
Yay! Looks fabulous!
awesome, girl!! you should make those cute baby leggings! I am in love with those, and I think they'd make awesome baby gifts!
Good for you Kam! When I was in high school I learned how to crochet and I found it totally relaxing.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment