I just wanted to write a post about how fantastic this holiday season is kicking off. Preston and I were able to go to Seattle this past weekend to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and friends. Normally I return with 100+ pictures and my friends glad they can stop perma-smiling. This time I am sorry to say I was too distracted by the fun to take that many. But it was an amazing weekend and I left feeling full of gratitude.
I am so thankful for my parents. My Mom slaved away for days making the house and the dinner beyond perfection. She does everything with a touch of love. And my Father helps and is so sweet to her. They are such an example to Preston and I.
My amazing brother is a better example to me than I have ever been to him. He is so kind and such a good person. He made the flights and the weekend so much fun. To all you ladies out there: whoever ends up with him may just be the luckiest girl alive next to me :)
I am also thankful for our amazing friends the Ratinens and McOmbers. They are our "extended family" and the holidays just aren't the holidays without them. Here's our group...
We were also fortunate enough to get all of my "Priss Squad" ladies together. These girls are just the loves of my life. It never feels like any time has passed in between our visits. A night with them is a night full of laughing and fun.
The weekend went by way too fast. I already miss my hometown and the people there. But I got to come home with the person who I am most thankful for, my amazing husband. Preston is such a gem for letting me drag him around town all weekend. He also loves my family and friends which is something I am so thankful for in of itself. We will miss everyone, but we will be back in September when our beautiful friend Taryn gets married! Congrats to her and Tom.
Xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment