P: Do you know what a Timber Line is?
K: No but I know who TIMBALAND is :)
P: *Stern look*
P: We are driving through LeVernin!
K: LeVern-in Shirley?
P: Look at that house in the middle of no where! It looks so nice.
K: Holy Moly can you even get cable out here?!?!?! (I should note my genuine concern)
P: I think they do just fine without the Real Housewives....
Then we drove on to Dead Horse Point. Which is gorgeous and yet has the saddest story ever as to how it got it's name. It's not figurative, it's quite literal. But once you blow past that it's amazingly beautiful. It was extremely windy! I only wished I brought my Bumble&Bumble Sea Spray. My hair would have been a-maz-ing after this natural blow out.
We drove from here to Moab where we stayed the night and woke up refreshed and ready for Arches National Park! The Delicate Arch hike isn't super long but it is gorgeous. You can't see the arch until the very end. You turn a corner and then BAM... there it is. It is BEAUTIFUL. And much larger than I had pictured it. Most of the hike is up expansive slick rock. It took us about two hours from start to finish even stopping for a while at the top. The reviews all said it would take three.
It's a fairly steep drop off on the other side of the arch and off the side. But there are ways to walk in circles to climb down into the valleys. It was stunning!
I am so happy that we have done these little excursions. Southern Utah is so gorgeous. We ended with a super easy hike up to Landscape Arch. This one is only a mile and a half and is fairly flat. But the arch is incredible because it is SO thin! I'm not sure how it stays up but we loved it. This was Preston's favorite Arch we saw. I would call it a very successful trip.
Xoxo




1 comment:
Ha! I hope Preston appreciated your humor because I'm totally chuckling. :) I love the one about Lavern & Shirley, lol.
Post a Comment