Well 3 planes, 1 (airport) train and an automobile later... I am in Sao Paulo! I am going to make an effort to document this trip on here since I am the worst at Journal writing. Technically still on the automobile part. BUT after 24 hours of traveling I am almost to Preston. I am now an excellent mime, since there were not as many English speakers at the airports as Preston led me to believe. But the people of Brazil totally win the award for kindest country I have ever been to. I may have only been to Mexico and Canada outside of the US, but Brazil still takes the cake. I have never been greeted with more smiles, handshakes and hugs. And once I was able to mime where I needed to go people literally would walk me the whole way there. I didn't get my own suit case off the moving belt once. People are so sweet here!
I look horrible as I have also been caught in flash flood rains waiting for my bus, but I am excited! And so my natural wave coming through and upset tummy (from being on too many moving objects) will not get me down.
Rio was gorgeous and around 80 degrees. Then I hopped on another plane to get to San Paulo where we will be for the next handful of days. And it is grey and rainy! It looks just like Washington until you see the homes passing by. Then you are reminded that you are not in fact in your Kansas anymore. Travel always makes me so thankful for all the blessings we take for granted in the United States.
I may also be going old school and playing on "Photo booth" because the bus' WiFi isn't strong enough to use most sites. However, how awesome is it that my bus in Brazil even HAS WiFI?!
Xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment