So Preston and I are at the checkout line in Winco near a big bin of deodorant and a group of 4 high school girls walked into the line behind us.
Girl 1: Ooo Degree for only $1
Girl 2: Um... Degree is like ghetto you don't use that right?!
Girl 3: I don't even know what I use. I think I use Dove?
Girl 4: I use whatever my brother has, I steal his. I don't even have any.
Girl 1: Yeah I steal my brother's Axe all the time. It's not that bad.
Girl 2: My sister and I use Secret.
Girl 3: Did you guys know that guys deodorant is actually better for women?
Girls 1, 2 & 4: NO WAY!
A few things - I am pretty sure men's Axe is worse than Degree so all signs point to girl 1 being "ghetto" as determined by girl 2 who I think is a little uppity about the type of antiperspirant used among her friends. I am sure I had equally ridiculous conversations as a 16 year old. I suddenly had flash backs to my mother cracking up while listening to me and my girl friends and it made a little sense. But this conversation actually went on much longer. I wonder if they noticed the looks Preston and I were shooting each other. I might have to document conversations with any future teenagers we have for laughs later.
Xoxo
1 comment:
I love listening to teenagers' conversations. My brother is one of my faves: he said because "my generation" didn't have an iphone when I was in high school, I must have been living in the dinosaur age. Too funny..except you're right, looking back on it, I said some pretty similar stuff as a teenager.
Post a Comment